Donna Manring DTR
- Finding it difficult to keep up with the fast pace in food service?
- Feel like you can’t serve attractive and nutritious meals within your food budget?
- Overwhelmed with the pressures of enhanced dining, maintaining a budget and keeping employees motivated?
Enhanced dining food service remains a major focus for Surveyors, providers and, most importantly, customers. This session will address current “hot buttons” in food service dining trends and menu planning on a budget. We will review revised survey protocols, regulatory issues and sanitation. There are many ways you can turn inexpensive foods into gourmet without busting your budget and you’ll learn some “tricks of the trade”. We will discuss hot buttons in improving food presentation and create action plans to have your facility ahead of the dining trends. Learn proven techniques to keep your employees excited, resulting in a team that works together to produce quality outcomes. Enhanced food service has a great impact on providing the best care for your residents.Objectives:Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Develop enticing menus and enhanced dining programs that meet and exceed current dining trends while complying with facility budgets.
- Develop sanitation systems that comply with regulations and keep you off the “hot plate” during the survey process.
- Learn techniques to transform boring, less-expensive foods into gourmet meals.
- Develop learned leadership skills to create a team atmosphere, encourage positive attitudes and personal accountability.
This session will incorporate lecture, facilitated group discussion, question/answer and PowerPoint slides/handouts.